Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Beauty Buzz: Strike A Pose With Cover FX's Derek Selby!


Hello Makeup Junkies! It's been a week since I've come back from Paris and I'm trying to adjust to the madness that is my life. There's definitely no easing back into the routine of things when you have kids! 

To kick off my first post in May, I'm calling out all the Cover FX fans to come out May 10 from 1 pm - 2 pm at the Bay/Queen St. location and strike a pose with Cover FX National Makeup Artist and Cityline Beauty Expert, Derek Selby! I pretty much watch Cityline Fashion Friday's religiously and love watching Derek do the makeovers. You can be sure to see him working with some of his favourite Cover FX products. 


An oldie but a goodie, you can read about my SkinPrep FX review here. I've become a big fan of Cover FX's foundation that also doubles as a concealer. It's a staple in my kit and I use it on all my clients. They are very easy to blend and can be sheered out if you need a lighter coverage. MintTint FX in Pink Copper (will have to do another post with a swatch) has become a new favourite gloss! I adore the shade because it's quite unique from a lot of glosses I own. The pink and copper together give it a good mix of warmth that really works for all skin tones. I remember at the first blogger event Cover FX had, I fell in love with the #160 brush and now I own 2 of them. It's that good. It really buffs the foundation into the skin without leaving visible streaks and it just feels so super soft! What's not to love about a healthy glow? Bronzed FX in Golden Peach  is another one of those shades that looks good on everyone. I've even seen Derek use it on the eyes as a shadow and it works! 

If you're in the area, be sure to pick up Derek's favourite products and get your photo taken with him! 

Products were sent for editorial consideration and I truly love them. 

4 comments:

Donna Marie said...

Hey Joy!
What colors of the foundation do you have in your kit? I'm thinking of getting some cream foundations for my kit. Preferable ones without titanium dioxide. This doesn't contain that ingredient does it? How is it for photos?

Make-up Junkie said...

Hey Donna!
I have the whole "M" series - it's the most yellow based and works for most skin tones. However, if you have dark circles that are more greyish like mine I have to use foundations from the "B" to counteract. Anything yellow based will make circles look greenish.

I'm not sure if they contain titanium dioxide but they do photograph really well. Check out my photos from my latest bridal trials - I used FX on all of them.

Donna Marie said...

thanks Joy! I think I may need to get these! I saw your bridal trail pics and they look great! Did u get the big cover up kits or all the compacts in the m series?

Make-up Junkie said...

Thanks! I have theots with the clear top not the compacts. Right now they don't sell them online only through Naime's. But the PR told me they eventually will sell the pro pots on their site. I got them free through my agency :)