Not quite a lipstick and not quite a lip balm - Clinique Almost Lipsticks are the perfect marriage of both. Here are some scenarios these almost lipsticks are great for:
- When you're rushing out the door and don't have a mirror. The lipsticks are so sheer it's like applying a lip balm. No mirror necessary.
- A long plane ride. I wore one on the way to Paris and it kept my lips pretty moisturized with a sheer pop of colour.
- For the not-done-up look like when you're going grocery shopping, the gym (who am I kidding) or taking the kiddies to the park.
- When you're looking for a polished look but don't want a severe or super slick lip. The Almost Lipsticks give enough colour and shine to define your lips naturally. They contain transparent pigments that merge with the natural tones in your lip to create your own unique shade!
- If you're a lipstick newbie or afraid of lipstick. These lippies may come in a stick form but they apply smoothly and softly onto the lips. The braver you become, you can layer and layer for a stronger effect and before you know it you'll be addicted to lipstick! Ahhh!
Top to bottom: Flirty Honey, Lovely Honey, Luscious Honey, Tender Honey, Spicy Honey, and Chic Honey
I'm really glad Clinique launched new shades because Black Honey just didn't work for me. My lip's undertones brought out the reds in the shade which look dated on me (think the '90's). Sadly, I've misplaced Shy Honey which was a sheer mauve but looked almost clear on my lip. It was great for those days when I just needed some shine and hydration. You won't find any stickiness, but with that means it won't wear for too long. If you don't mind reapplying, you'll find yourself reaching for these often because they are so easy to wear. The ones I use the most are Flirty, Luscious, Lovely and Tender. They really are a glorified tinted lip balm, but the Almost Lipstick is a cult classic so if you're a fan you will love! I also think the slim packaging makes it very purse and kit friendly.
If you're looking for a lip that is effortless for spring or summer these are definitely one to check out!
Retails for $18 CAD and is available worldwide.
Products were sent for editorial consideration and I truly love them!