Thursday, May 24, 2012

From Paris...With Love...


My first glimpse of the Eiffel Tower up close.

If you've been to Paris, then you'll agree it isn't hard to fall in love with this beautiful city. It's been almost a month since we've been back and I find my self still looking back at the photos remembering the many amazing moments. We were gone for 11 days so it's hard to say what my favourite part was because it was all my favourite part! What I learned is that you really can't take a bad photo there even when it's raining (which it did - A LOT)! The architecture is just stunning and so full of history. My husband is a big photography buff so it was just pure eye candy. Everything from the department stores to the subway stations are all a work of art. Can't wait to decorate our home with all our amazing photos!

Here are a few (or a lot) of my favourite moments. I will post my beauty finds in the next post and more on Parisian beauty. 


This was my first day in Paris. My big smile says it all. Pure bliss at the Seine with the Eiffel Tower in the background. Wearing one of my new favourite lipsticks - MAC So Chaud (more on this later but feel free to discuss). 


Famous rich hot cocoa made with real chocolate from Angelina's and Laduree macarons which we enjoyed in the lush gardens of the Tuileries. A definite must-do if you're a foodie like me! 


Paris from above. The break-taking view from the Basilica Sacre Couer. No one told me we had to go up 300 stairs, but it was so worth the almost-heart-attack! 



If you love the french film Amelie as much as I do you should definitely have a cafe at the very restaurant she worked at in the film! The cafe is in one of my favourite areas of Paris, Monmartre. 


The legendary, Ernest Hemingway, sat here! Well, not this exact seat but it was one of his regular hang-outs. 


The beautiful cobblestone streets of Paris...love. 


The loveliest brunch spot in Le Marais - Le Loir Dans La Theiere. Loved this area and definitely the place to be on a Sunday. Most things close down on Sundays in Paris, but you'll find a lot of shops and restaurants open in Marais. I'm incognito in this fun chapeau I scored at a cute stand in Monmartre!


The most spectacular high-end department store you'll ever step into - Galeries Lafayette! It looked like a historic theatre hall in there. Seriously, Holt Renfrew on steroids. Do you see the Dior counter? It towered over all the other counters - guess we know who's boss there! 


If you're ever in Paris, you must - I repeat - MUST visit the Sephora store on the Champs Elysee! It's the mecca of all Sephora stores. It's so grandiose and it has a red carpet yo! 


I just loved seeing carousels all around the city. It made me feel like a kid again! They just add such whimsy and charm!


Introducing the hubby! There's the Arc de Triomphe in the background. Loved walking along the Champs at night! 


She's just beautiful at night isn't she? I swear we took a million photos...she was just that lovely. 


The Louvre is so huge and fantastic there's no way you can see all of it in just one day! You'll be in awe of how much history is in one place like the famous Mona Lisa. She was a superstar with crowds of people fighting to take her photo! Oh, but beware of pickpocketers! These warnings were everywhere!

There are so many more photos but this is just a taste for all your Paris lovers. Someone actually said to me he/she has no desire to go to Paris. To each their own, but that's just absurd. I say don't knock it until you've tried it! It really is a romantic city and how can you not feel that way when there is so much beautiful art and erotic statues everywhere! Yes, there are lots of naked statues! And if you love wine, cheese, delectable desserts, baguettes, and croissants just like me you won't be disappointed. How do the French stay so thin? They walk everywhere! It's certainly easy to get lost, but that's kind of the fun part of discovering Paris. We saw a lot of the city, but of course there are still a million things we didn't get to do/see. Ah well, just means another trip is in order!

The one thing I won't miss - the stinky subways that always smelled like pee! Gag.

Have you been to Paris? What did you love?? Do share!

Stay tuned for the beauty stuff!

All photos are the property of Makeup Junkie.

5 comments:

Donna Marie said...

Oh Joy! How fun...I'm always looking at your photos Over and over again! :) hopefully I get to visit this beautiful city in the future!

dani@callitbeauty said...

Lucky lady! Paris is one of my dream destinations! <3

Diana said...

Iw anna go there! Looks soooo lovely! :)

http://petitemini.blogspot.se/

Natasha V said...

OMG I WOULD BE IN THAT DEPARTMENT STORE ALL DAY!!!

-Natasha
http://www.clarinsbaybloor.blogspot.ca

Jennifer from Toronto - Spiced Beauty said...

ohh Paris <3w