Sunday, July 15, 2012

Summer Beauty Review 2012: True Blue


My oldest son thinks I'm a pretty cool mom because one of my top 3 favourite colours is blue. From clothing, to makeup, to accessories blue is one colour I've been rocking this summer. And it has to be a vibrant, cobalt blue otherwise it doesn't excite me as much. It's amazing how colour can affect your mood!

Here are some "true" blue beauty must-haves to add to your beauty stash!

YSL La Lacque Couture in Bleu Majorelle: This polish has become one of my all-time favourite shades. Bleu Majorelle is a colour you can wear any time of the year and any skin tone can rock it. It's vibrant, rich, and has amazing shine. This bold blue might not be office appropriate so save it for a get away or a night out. 

Le sigh...Bleu Majorelle shot in Paris. Photo Credit: Makeup Junkie.

mark Keep It Going Longwear Liner and Shadow in Paradiso: Talk about getting more bang for your buck. I am pleasantly surprised at how well these liners/shadows perform. They are well pigmented and last all day with no smearing or fading. Having a shadow and liner in one is a bonus! I love layering these under powder shadows. Paradiso has one bright blue shade and the other half is a chartreuse. It looks best wearing the chartreuse on the lid as a shadow and the blue as a liner. The blue looks gorgeous as a shadow too. Sorry, didn't get a chance to do a swatch (camera is out of commission at the moment!). Available in 6 other shades. 

YSL Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils Waterproof in Majorelle Blue: I've tried some coloured mascaras in the past and the shade just didn't show up that well on its own. Well, you don't have to worry about that with YSL's version. This mascara is gorgeous and I love the voluminous finish it gives my otherwise flimsy, straight lashes. The blue is very vibrant and really brightens the whites of the eyes. It's a great trick when your eyes are looking a little tired. To make it a bit more wearable, I like to layer on a black mascara and then brush on the blue on top. It's still noticeable but not so in your face. I'm a fan of YSL mascaras, but the price is definitely for those splurge worthy moments!

What true blue products are you loving right now? 

Products were sent for editorial consideration and I truly love them!

No comments: