Friday, August 10, 2012

Makeup Moment: NARS Schiap Lipstick


I caved. The wonderful people at Murale.ca sent me a gift card to test drive their new online shopping site (amazing brands, easy to navigate and super fast shipping). NARS Schiap is a cult classic and has been on my lust list for a long time. I just couldn't justify another bright pink lipstick (my beauty weakness). While my husband planned our itinerary for Paris back in April, I planned my beauty product list. I convinced myself that I needed a bright fuchsia lipstick and it had to be matte. 

When I had looked for style inspirations, I noticed Parisian women wore their lipsticks like a stain; very little gloss or shine. They have that effortless-chic look down pat! I didn't want to spend too much time doing my makeup, so I figured natural makeup with a bright lippie would work perfectly. I have absolutely no regrets about buying Schiap. We just go together you know? 

The picture above is from a magical park tucked away in the outskirts of Paris. There was an actual waterfall that flowed into this beautiful, hidden cave. In the background is a charming, old French man who I swear tried to pick-pocket us! Well, if he did I'm sure he was disappointed to only find old subway tickets!

Fun fact: NARS Schiap was inspired by Italian fashion designer Elsa Schiaparelli who is Coco Chanel's greatest rival! Sorry, Madame Chanel for taking Schiap to your beloved city but she was too pretty not to!

Have you fallen prey to NARS Schiap?

Product was sent for editorial consideration and I truly love it. 


2 comments:

the creation of beauty is art. said...

That colour is so so gorgeous! Because of this post, I'm sold! This needs to be in my makeup collection immediately!
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

Jennifer from Toronto - Spiced Beauty said...

Awwww gorgeous