Monday, August 13, 2012

Nail Moment: Dior Vernis Makes Rainbows

Top - Bottom (rainbow): Calypso, Cosmo, Lagoon, and Acapulco. 

I must have been channeling rainbows on Friday when I drafted this post because the next day we saw a rainbow - actually a double rainbow - that stretched from one end of the city to the other. I don't know if it's been the growing support for gay rights or seeing these lovely Dior polishes from the Summer collection - maybe a mix of both - but a nail lacquered rainbow painting just seemed right. You'd think my rainbow was painted by my 6 year old, but sadly this is my dandy handy work. Hey, it's not as easy to paint with nail polish brushes as you think!

The summer shades aren't out of the ordinary, but they have the right amount of glossy shine and pigment to make a statement. The brush, however, is pretty different compared to other brands. The brush is wide and tapers slightly at the bottom to help contour to the curve of your cuticle. I like the shape and find it really easy to work with. If you tend to be drawn to high-end nail polishes, you will love Dior. They are known for their fashion-forward straight-off-the-runway colours. I'm lusting after a deep grape shade new for Fall! 


For your enjoyment, here is the beautiful rainbow we were lucky enough to catch! This was taken by my husband who is a photographer buff. I think he changed 4 different lenses in a matter of minutes! Rainbows to me are a sign of peace, love and luck or maybe it's a sign from the Big Guy that He is pro gay rights. Hmm...


Products were sent for editorial consideration and I truly love them. 

No comments: