Friday, April 27, 2007

Beauty Review: Summer Neutrals With Vasanti Cosmetics


Neutrals in bronze, peach, and gold are my staples pretty much everyday. I like this handy little palette from Vasanti Cosmetics called Manhattan 24/7 Eye Colour Palette ($40 CDN). As you can guess, the palette was inspired by the glamorous women of New York. It takes you from day right into the evening with a beautiful mixture of neutrals.

The colour combinations are endless. Swipe on the lighter ones for day and give the eyes definition with the darker shades or amp it up for night by smudging the darker shades into the lash line and crease for a smoky eye and use the lighter shades to highlight. Soho is a neutral pearly champagne, Central Park is a golden peach shimmer, Wall Street is a medium brown with a hint of lustre, Tribeca is a metallic pearl pink, and Times Square is a burgundy brown w/ subtle coppery shimmer. I love all the shades but Central Park and Soho are my favourite. I don't think they're made to be worn wet because it caked and crumbled on my lid. The pigment stays on fairly good with well-primed lids and the colour goes on sheer at first but can be layered for more intensity. It comes with a handy mirror for those day to night transformations and a double-ended brush for lining and applying shadow, although I prefer using real makeup brushes. A palette of neutrals should be a staple in every woman's kit!

I love tinted lip balms. I never get sick of them. Vasanti's Tinted Lip Balm in Bahamas ($15 CDN) is a natural plum brown that is great for everyday. The colour is your lips but better. The tinted lip balm is ultra moisturizing and the colour payoff is great. It comes in a convenient sleek silver lipstick tube. If you're a lip balm junkie like me you'll love it! Happy shopping!

For more information about Vasanti Cosmetics click here.

No comments: