Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Beauty Review: Fall Ready Eyeshadows!



I know it's officially three weeks or so into the summer but if you're a true makeup junkie you're always ahead of the game! Estee Lauder has come out with a line of Signature Silky Eyeshadow Duos in 8 shades just perfect for Fall. These new crease-resistant duos come in colour-coordinated shades in matte, semi-matte, and pearl finishes. The texture is actually silky and soft.

I received Cappuccino (bone and warm brown), Ginger (honey drop and coffee brown), Plum Sugar (pale shimmer lavender and plum) and Pink Dusk (pale shimmer pink and coffee brown). These shades are perfect for everyday and provide just the right amount of colour. I'd definitely recommend these duos for the office or bridal makeup. The line also includes deeper tones for dramatic looks. I love how matte and shimmer textures are combined which offers great versatility and depth. I tested it out for a day and the shadows managed to stay on without fading too much. Everything about the duo shadow is great but the packaging. It comes in the signature Estee Lauder navy blue compact; classic but a little too boring for me. However, Estee Lauder's older customers can appreciate this type of packaging. If you're like me, I'm all about quality products with cool packaging. I'm a very visual person so the packaging has to be visually appealing to me.

All in all, the shadows have staying power and come in beautiful colours. It's available now at Estee Lauder counters for $28 (CAD). For me to spend $28 on a product the whole package has to be there, but my mom is thrilled to have some new shadows to add to her roster! Happy shopping!

No comments: