Saturday, November 1, 2008

Makeup Junkie Holiday Gift Guide 2008: The Gift of Vintage Glamour



This Holiday season give someone you know (or yourself) the gift of vintage glamour! Estee Lauder's latest Holiday collection, Vintage Jewels, is the perfect mix of modern elegance and Old Hollywood glam. Every luxurious detail will leave you giddy with pleasure!

The Shimmering Jewel Powder (Limited Edition, $37 CAD) is absolutely exquisite! I love the jewel detail of the powder and the gold shimmer adds the perfect touch. I almost didn't want to use it because I was afraid to ruin it! Sweep on anywhere you want a radiant shimmer. Adds a beautiful warm glow to the skin. I even dusted this on before I wore my lipstick and little glints of gold shimmer peaked through - gorgeous!

I LOVE the Signature Hydra Lustre Lipstick with Faceted Design (Limited Edition, $23 CAD)! It's just too beautiful to use. Ruby (Sapphire look) is a brilliant true red, although I prefer something a bit deeper. The texture is rich and moisturizing with lots of shine and colour. My favourite feature of the lipstick is the rare jewel-inspired design! Definitely a collector's item.
There are 3 looks to choose from: Amethyst, Sapphire, and Emerald. All 3 are stunning but my favourite is the Sapphire look. Estee Lauder Signature Silky Eye Shadow Duo with Faceted Design in Sapphire (Limited Edition, $28 CAD) creates a stunning smoky eye. I rocked this duo shadow below on a night out with the hubby and loved it! I swept the sapphire blue shade all over the lid, into the crease and bottom lash line then highlighted with the silvery-blue in the inner top and bottom corner and crease. I also highlighted my cheekbones with the Shimmering Jewel Powder. I opted for a nude lip instead because the red lips would have made my look too heavy for where we were going. The texture is so soft and blends amazingly on the eye. It's also long-lasting and crease-free!

I layered the Smoked Eye Pencil in Smoked Sapphire (Limited Edition, $22 CAD) underneath my shadow for more intensity and staying power. Love this deep navy pencil! It glides on smoothly and blends easily for a sultry finish.




If you love anything vintage or know someone that does, then this is the perfect collection for that vintage junkie!

Vintage Jewels is available at select Estée Lauder counters across Canada.

www.esteelauder.com

No comments: