There are certain things that have to be apart of my summer - traveling, BBQ (foodie over here!), and Bob Marley. Warm, sunny weather brings on so many possibilities so you need to be prepared for any situation. If you're a sun lover and like to spend your days chilaxing on the beach, here are a list of my must-have beach essentials!
- la Vie en Rose Tankini in Saffron: I don't know if I've met any woman who LOVES bathing suit shopping (and if you do then grr). If the search for the perfect swimsuit has been a painful one, go visit la Vie en Rose for a variety of styles for all shapes at reasonable prices. If you've been on the Tangerine Tango tip, you'll love this one! Ok, so I'm not in my 20's anymore and have had 2 kids which means things sit a little differently (ok I'll blame it also on my lack of exercise). Tankinis may seem a little "mature" but they are a belly-conscious girl's BFF. I love this one from la Vie en Rose. It gives you support in the bust area and hides that not-so-tight tummy. The simple design yet bold shade will have you looking fab while laying under the sun.
- la Vie en Rose Bottoms with Side String: The side strings on the matching bottoms give the entire look a younger, trendier feel (plus you can loosen a bit more if it's feeling a bit snug on the hips). And if you've got a lil' booty goin' on, the bottoms are full coverage!
- Vichy Captial Soleil SPF 30 Luxurious Protective Oil: Want to make your bod look sexy and still be protected from the skin? I'm loving this protective sun oil from Vichy. I've had issues in the past with other SPF products giving me rashes, but so far so good! What I like to do is spray in my hands, then rub onto my skin. This way I know I'm covering all areas properly. The texture feels pretty silky, but for some might feel heavy for everyday. Your skin will look radiant though! It's perfect for lazing around at the beach. Keep in mind, it's not waterproof so you'll need to reapply. If you plan to use it on the face, spray into your hands first then apply on the face. If you burn easily, you something with a higher SPF.
- YSL La Laque Couture in Corail Colisee: I am loving YSL's new line of La Laque polishes! The shades are so bold and lovely. They are a cream finish and apply perfectly with little streaking. And the wear-time is really good. I wore one in Paris and it lasted for almost the 11 days. The brush is a little different than I'm used to, but I actually like it. It has a rounder edge and is wide which is perfect for my wide nail beds. Corail Colisee is a juicy, tangerine coral. It's a beautiful shade especially against tanned skin.
- Dior Addict Lip Balm in Crystal Coral: I LOVE tinted lip balms. I am never without one. When I first saw Crystal Coral in the tube, it didn't really excite me. But one swipe and now I'm in love. It's the perfect mix of coral with a hint of pink shimmer. It's so gorgeous and is always in my purse. It's my go-to lippie right now for easy-breezy sunshine fun! Lip balms with an SPF irritate my lips, but if you need sun protection I recommend using a clear balm with SPF then applying this on top. I love the moisturizing texture and the shade is sheer but still very noticeable. Would I purchase again? I love Dior lip products, but at $30 for a tinted balm it's a bit absurd. Why do I have to have such expensive taste?? Anything Dior are splurge items for me so get this when you feel like a luxurious makeup treat!
- Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray: This is on my need-to-get list right now. I tried this from a friend of mine and I kind of need to have it now. Like sushi (talking about food again!), it's an acquired taste. Call me crazy, but I love it when my hair is a little crazy and curly in the summer. I don't even mind the frizz because it makes those wavy styles look effortless. I like to go a little boho-chic in the summer, so beachy hair is where it's at. If you've frolicked in the ocean before, then you're familiar with the voluminous, sexy texture the salt water gives you. Surf Spray is salt-water in a bottle but with some nourishing ingredients to give back some moisture. To avoid over doing it and making your hair feel too sticky or dirty, spray it in your hands first then work it into the ends. Your waves and curls will last all day!
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Shadow in 26E: Gimme! Gimme! Anything that is sweat-proof or water-proof is an all around summer essential whether you're at the beach, poolside, or at the cottage. I've been a fan of MUFE's Aqua Creams so I'm thrilled they came out with a pencil version. When you're on the run, these are definitely more convenient and they are so portable! They are easy to apply - just rub on the lids and blend with a brush or your finger! They set pretty fast so you have to blend rather quickly. Lasting power is amazing and they are fabulous under powder shadows. Surprisingly, I don't think I own a shade like this at least not anymore. It kind of reminds me of MAC's Expensive Pink with less gold and more of a pink finish. 26E is a beautiful metallic peach-pink. The finish almost looks like a duo-chrome. I'm so in love with this shade. On my undertone, I seem to bring the pink undertones out. A lot of splash in the water or catching a few rays on the beach won't make this shadow budge!
- mark The Last Straw Hat: I love me a sexy hat especially to hide my bed head. Can I tell you how many mornings I have thrown on a hat to drop off my son at the bus?? To give you even more protection from the sun, a hat (and I'm not talking about a baseball cap) will keep those harsh rays from sucking out your youth! I love this floppy one from mark by Avon (but not liking the price - I don't think I've ever paid that much for a hat!).
What are your beach essentials?
Products were sent for editorial consideration (except Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray) and I truly love them!