Thursday, April 28, 2011

Spring Ready: I'm The Crazy Hot Pink Lipstick Lady!

I love me a good pink lipstick. What can I say? I'm a girly-girl at heart. I own a range of pinks from soft to bold, but it's the bold pink lippies that are taking over my beauty stash. You can definitely say my lips are ready for Spring's bold lip trend!




















Here are just a few of my favourite bold pinks that I switch between. They are all very similar, but the undertones vary from cool to warm and red to magenta with textures ranging from matte to creamy. I love them all!


Top to bottom: 

Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Lipstick in PK 369 ($24 USD): I believe this shade was an LE, but a new one was released PK356. These lipsticks are super juicy on the lips and the colour stays on allll day - no joke. It has a creamy finish, but it lasts even through eating a meal. I love the cool undertones in it too. This a shade that just makes your face come alive. 

Borghese B Moisture Lip Colour in Primale Pink ($24 USD): This is my first time trying anything from Borghese. I love the creamy finish and how plump it makes my lips look. The shade on me looks neon pink with warm undertones if that's possible. Looks amazing with just a bit of bronzer on the cheeks and bronze shadow. 

YSL Rouge Pur Couture in Le Fuchsia ($30 USD): This is hands down one of my favourite lipsticks! It's shocking, luxurious, and rich - I love you long time! To read a full review click here.

Lancome L'Absolu Rouge in Fast Kisses ($35 CAD, LE Mark Fast): Another favourite, I fell in love with this lippie at first swipe. Too bad it's a LE though! For a full review click here.

Tarte LipSurgence Natural Matte Lip Tint in Lively ($28 CAD): Tarte is one of my all-time eco-friendly lines that doesn't skimp on quality or pigmentation. If you love a matte lip, you'll want to get your hands on one of these lil' chubbies! For a full review click here.

Julie Hewett Icon of Beauty Lipstick in Scarlett ($22.50 USD): Julie Hewett is not as known in Canada, but should be! I love their line of lippies. Named after Hollywood starlet, Scarlett, this is a red-carpet worthy shade! For a full review click here.

Have you tried any of these lippies? What bold pinks are overflowing your beauty stash right now?

14 comments:

Anjali said...

Just like you I LOVE bold pink lips! There's no such thing as too many shades. We need them all to determine which one is best...right? (I have problems).

dani@callitbeauty said...

ooh! the shu uemura lippie looks absolutely gorgeous! love the sheen, too!

. said...

The swatches aree so prettty:)

Shadowy Lady said...

I have a lot of hot pink lipsticks but none of the ones u listes. They all look gorgeous though :)

My fave hot pink ever has to be Nars Schiap, it gets used quite often

Make-up Junkie said...

@Anjali - I knew I could count on you! Haha well have a pink lipstick problem is a good problem to have ;)

Make-up Junkie said...

@dani - the Shu one is gorge! I think it would look amazing on you!

Jennifer from Toronto - Spiced Beauty said...

geez I want them all! LOL

Make Mommy Chic said...

Hi joy- I've read about the tarte chubby pencils and glad that you brought them up in this post. Next time I go to sephora I'm going to check them out. Thanks for the post!

Make-up Junkie said...

@Bettzy93 - Thank you! Pink swatches are fun :)

Make-up Junkie said...

@Shadowy Lady - Ok NARS Schiap has been on the list for a long time but I'm scared I'll have buyer's remorse if I buy it! But it's a cult classic so I may just have to suck it up and buy it!

Make-up Junkie said...

@Jennifer - You would look amazing with a bright pink lip so you should get them all - or at least one ;)

Make-up Junkie said...

@Make Mommy Chic - Check 'em out and let me know what you think! I want to get their glossy pencil in Amused - so pretty!

Kim said...

waah I've never owned lippies with shocking pink tone >.< but I think it would be nice on other ppl though.

I'm totally into nude lippies xD~ hehe

Fashionism said...

What gorgeous, vivid colours! Love seeing bold lips spice up this rainy spring so far.